Raniganj Girlsâ€™ College was established in the year 1980 to cater to the growing need of a college meant exclusively for the girl students of the colliery belt keeping in mind the cosmopolitan demography of the region. In effect, however the college enrolment is geographically extended from as far as Panagarh at one extreme, to Barakar on the other. This corroborates the collegeâ€™s acceptability and growing repute over the last two decades
A Brief History of the college
The college was established in 1980 as a result of relentless endeavors and liberal financial contributions of some eminent citizens of Raniganj, dedicated to the cause of spreading education especially among women. At the time of inception the college carried out its academic enterprise at the campus of Gandhi Memorial Girlsâ€™ High School and later moved for a short period to the premises of Jamunamoyee Girlsâ€™ High School. Finally it moved to its present campus at Searsole, Raniganj. Since then it has grown up into an educational institution of considerable repute with an enormous student enrolment to the tune of 1200 at the undergraduate level.